The Myrna Reynoldson Mayfield Trust recently announced $30,850 in grants to benefit citizens of the City of Woodward and surrounding rural areas.
• The Woodward-Granger Community School District: $7,500 toward implementation of mathematic instructional materials in K-8th grade; $500 for assisting the Random Acts of Kindness Club;
• Woodward-Granger Rebels Baseball: $600 for equipment, league and tournament fees;
• Woodward volunteer fire department: $2,500 toward protective clothing;
• City of Woodward: $8,500 toward revitalizing the small pocket park between the library and Mr. Albers office on Main Street and revitalizing Centennial Plaza;
• Woodward-Granger youth softball: $750 for uniform accessories, equipment and league fees;
• Woodward golf club: $1,500 for lifeguard chairs, floatation and rings for water rescue and lifeguard whistles;
• Lil’Sprouts Mission and Daycare: $1,500 for outside play equipment;
• Envision Woodward!, Inc.: $2,500 toward construction of an archway at Woodward High Trestle Trailhead;
• Woodward Public Library: $2,000 for expansion of large print selection, bookshelves, and to refurbish the historical archives, and;
• Woodward United Methodist Church: $3,000 for Christian Education, youth groups, Bible study, WASH program, and updating the church website.
Scholarships totaling $3,000 were awarded to three Woodward-Granger high school graduates for their post-high school education.
The Myrna Reynoldson Mayfield Trust is a non-profit organization which makes annual donations in the City of Woodward. The application deadline is April 1 each year. Questions about the grant/scholarships guidelines and application forms may be directed to the directors of the trust: Chairman Milt Heifner, Vice-Chair Mike Ramsey, Secretary Rich Danilson, or C. Scott Finneseth.